Alcohol is getting bad press in the world of skincare for all the wrong reasons.
Here’s reason No 1
- It dries your skin out.
Which is pretty bad and takes us to reason No 2
- It cracks the skin and leaves the protective mantle open.
It does all this and more.
According to experts at Youbeauty.com, there is good alcohol and bad alcohol.
Like most folks, those of us at Aeun prefer the foodie – spirit and liqueur side of things. Alcohol can be a very good thing. Pre and sometimes (even if rarely) post hangover. don’t ask, we all have our reasons.
The modern skin dictionary therefore describes good alcohol as the following
- Any fruit ; cocktail ; mocktail ; juice mixture containing any of the above.
- Anything with more than 1% alcohol is also included.
Bad alcohol is described as follows
- Ethanol ?
- Isopropyl Alcohol ?
- Anything with over 100% alcohol
- Bad formulas with alcohol content higher than bourbon.
Some wise one’s would say its all about the formula.
Oh and our nudieskin formula designed to moisturise and protect your skin during working hours comes with whisky and all.